Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
This MBA develops a working knowledge of key concepts on strategic human resource management, human resource development and industrial relations management. You will be able to apply key concepts in HRM towards identifying and solving problems in the management of human resources. You will be required to write a project paper on current issues on human resource management. The programme enables you to have an understanding of advanced level theories and empirical evidence concerning human resource management. You will learn skills to communicate in a managerial role including presentation of analysis, justification of recommended actions and types of messages intended to affect the perception of others. This programme has been approved by the Higher Education Department, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as accepted by the university’s Senate; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a rigorous internal assessment;
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in non- related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and without relevant working experience, subject to a passing pre-requisite courses
English Language Requirements (for international student)*
|TOEFL||550 (PBT) / 79 (iBT)|
Admission to Master of Business Administration programmes by Coursework through APEL.
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Provides an 'alternative' entry method for those who do not possess the requisite formal qualification to further their education to a higher level.
- To qualify to be assessed by APEL, you must be a Malaysian citizen of at least 30 years of age and possess at least STPM / A-level / Diploma / Equivalent qualification with relevant work experience.
- You can apply to Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) for accreditation of your prior experiential learning (APEL). More details can be found at: http://www.mqa.gov.my/apel/
- BA4401 Financial Management
- BM4403 Marketing Management
- BM4404 Managerial Economics
- BM4406 Research Methodology
- BM4401 Organisational Management
- BM4402 Operations Management
- EB4401 Statistics And Decision Analysis
- BM4405 Ethics And Business Law
- BM4420 Human Resource Development
- BM4421 Industrial Relations Management
- BM4424 Strategic Human Resource Management
- BA4425 Project Paper
- Pre-requisites : Completion of 80% of the core modules of the programme
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
Establish themselves with the working knowledge of key concepts on strategic human resource management, human resource development and industrial relations management.
Understanding advanced level theories and empirical evidence concerning human resource management.
apply professional skills that prepare them for managerial careers in various organisations both profit and non-profit oriented organisations in the government and private sectors; in addition to consultancy work that involve HRM and development.
Understanding and commitment to moral, social and professional ethics aspired of a HR specialist
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Students who successfully complete our MBA Human Resource Management programme will have the ability to:
Conduct original and independent research in areas related to HRM within the business administration field using scientific approaches in synthesizing knowledge drawn from various business discipline.
Acquire and master knowledge in problem identification and arriving at practical solutions to HRM and business issues using systematic methods.
Attain and master knowledge driven by critical and evaluative thinking to make informed decisions in specialized HR areas.
Cultivate an innovative, creative and analytical mind that binds social skills and humanities required of HRM practitioners in organisations.
The application of key HRM concepts in identifying and solving problems in the management of human resources.
Learning of skills to communicate in a managerial role including presentation of analysis, justification of recommended actions and types of messages intended to affect the perception of others.
Nilai University offers scholarships for students from various backgrounds, with the goal of helping students grow to be well-rounded and ambitious individuals and allowing them to reach their goals through quality education. We achieve this by combining academic excellence with a growth mindset for life-long learning.